Site Pages Vs Application Pages in SharePoint 2010
Site Pages Vs Application Pages in SharePoint
- Application page is an ASP.NET content page present LAYOUTs directory
“C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS “
- An application page can have code behind as well as inline code
- An application page doesn’t support web parts or web part zones
- Application pages would support only server controls or user controls and cannot be personalized by end-users.
- Application page is available to all the sites,
- Application page must deployed only in farm solution,
- Application pages require farm administrative privileges to deploy.
- Site Pages are stored in the virtual file system in the Content databases
- Site page can’t have code behind or inline code
- Site Pages supports web parts
- Site page can be deployed only specific sites
- Site Page can be deployed using a sandbox solution
- Site pages can be deployed by site collection administrators/end-users.